Source: Wikipedia, date indeterminate
- “I’ll have a martini,” said Tom, drily (dryly).
- “Who left the toilet seat down?” Tom asked peevishly.
- “Pass me the shellfish,” said Tom crabbily.
- “That’s the last time I’ll stick my arm in a lion’s mouth,” the lion-tamer said off-handedly.
- “Can I go looking for the Grail again?” Tom requested.
- “I unclogged the drain with a vacuum cleaner,” said Tom succinctly.
- “I might as well be dead,” Tom croaked.
- “We just struck oil!” Tom gushed.
- “It’s freezing,” Tom muttered icily.
- “They had to amputate them both at the ankles,” said Tom defeatedly.
- “I wonder if this radium is radioactive?” asked Marie curiously.
- “The Battle of the Nile? A lot of fun!” said Lord Nelson disarmingly.
- “Hurry up and get to the back of the ship!” Tom said sternly.
- “We could have made a fortune canning pineapples,” Tom groaned dolefully.
- “I wish I drove a Scandinavian car,” Tom sobbed (Saabed).
- “Careful with that chainsaw,” Tom said offhandedly.
- “I’m here,” Tom said presently.
- “Happy Birthday,” Tom said presently.
- “Walk this way,” Tom said stridently.
- “I stole the gold,” Tom confessed guiltily (giltily).
- “Bingo,” Tom exclaimed winningly.
- “Where did all the carpet on the steps go?” asked Tom with a blank stare (stair).
- “I used to be a criminal pilot,” he ex-plained con-descendingly.
- “I have no flowers,” Tom said lackadaisically.
- “I know not which groceries to purchase,” Tom said listlessly.
- “I decided to come back to the group,” Tom rejoined.
- “Did you say to zip up my sleeping bag or the door?” Tom asked inattentively.
- “This pizza place is great!” Tom exclaimed saucily.
- “I dropped my toothpaste,” Tom said crestfallenly.
Related resource: Fun with Words, date indeterminate