Source: Dan Roam website, date indeterminate
How to make an extraordinary presentation:
- Tell the truth: When we tell the truth, we connect with our audience, we become passionate, and we find self-confidence.
- Tell it with a story: When we tell a story, we make complex concepts clear, we make ideas unforgettable, and we include everyone.
- Tell the story with pictures: When we use pictures, people see exactly what we mean, we captivate our audience’s mind, and we banish boredom.
Related Resource: Published and Profitable blog, May 2014
a visual guide to preparing the most common types of presentations:
- Reports intended to communicate information and status
- Explanations to show others how to do something
- Pitches to persuade
- Drama to help people help themselves
Few pages contain more than one paragraph. Most pages contain:
- A single annotated visual, i.e., an example, screen capture, or a simple diagram illustrating a step in the storytelling sequence.
- One or two sentences to explain or reinforce the message communicated in the visual
- Often, a short bullet list to provide additional meaning